B for Good Leaders BVVisiting addressWittevrouwensingel 1 (3rd floor)3581 GA UtrechtThe Netherlands
Postal addressMiddenlaan 53941 CC DoornThe Netherlands
Paul Polman works to accelerate action by business to achieve the UN Global Goals, which he helped develop. As CEO of Unilever (2009-2019), he demonstrated that a long-term, multi-stakeholder model goes hand-in-hand with excellent financial performance, and has been described by the Financial Times as “a standout CEO of the past decade.” Paul’s new book, “Net Positive”, is a call to arms to courageous business leaders, setting out how to build net positive companies which profit by fixing the world’s problems rather than creating them. He Chairs IMAGINE and Saïd Business School, and is Vice-Chair of the UN Global Compact as well as B Team Leader. Paul is Honorary Chair of the International Chamber of Commerce, which he led for two years.
Our present economic system is flawed. It is guided by a short-term vision that only takes the interests of a limited number of stakeholders into account and is deaf to the call of future generations.
The annual B for Good Leaders Summit exists to accelerate the transition towards a regenerative economy creating the conditions for a shared, durable prosperity. This will create social, environmental, and economic net positive value through a new model of regenerative leadership.
As inhabitants of planet Earth, we take up this intergenerational call which demands to reframe the very meaning of leadership.
To enable this evolution, as B For Good Leaders, we commit to:
1. embrace radical interdependence, the fundamental principle governing life on Earth, as the golden rule for decision-making, leading to a regenerative impact;
2. consider at least the next generation of humans in every business decision;
3. measure what matters to integrate systemic value creation into our definition of profit;
4. challenge extractive economic models and take a stand for the common good;
5. mobilize finance as a catalyst to transform the business perspective from short-termism to long-term shared value creation.
We commit to guiding our companies and organizations to embrace a purpose-driven model that creates value for all.
Through this joint leadership statement, we lay the foundation for collective actions and alliances, clearing the path for a new regenerative economy.